viernes, 9 de noviembre de 2007

santiago de compostela



This is Santiago de Compostela, far prettier than Vigo. Vigo, much of its growth occurred about 50 yrs ago with the fishing and ship building industries. Santiago de Compostela, on the otherhand, began at the end of the 4th century. The buildings are very old, and a great many still stand today. I didn't get pictures, but the streets are very narrow, and all pedestrian. The first photo is the cathedral. The second photo is the pilgrim's hostel from 1492. The last photo on the fringe of the oldest portion of the city. I was here for the afternoon, because the office had to hand deliver a competition entry. There is a competition for viviendas- housing on the university campus. Santiago seems to be a happening place both in terms of old architecture, and contemporary. This weekend some of the biggest names of architecture were there for an international conference of lectures. I definitely plan on going back to this beautiful city.

No hay comentarios: